Using the OneDrive Destination Component
The OneDrive Destination Component is an SSIS data flow pipeline component that can be used to write data to OneDrive. You can create, update, or delete objects that allow a particular action with this component. There are three pages of configuration:
- Error Handling
The General page is used to specify general settings for the OneDrive Destination Component. The Columns page allows you to map the columns from upstream components to OneDrive fields in the destination object. The Error Handling page allows you to specify how errors should be handled when they occur.
The General page allows you to specify general settings for the component.
- OneDrive Connection Manager
The OneDrive Destination Component requires a OneDrive connection. The OneDrive Connection Manager option will show all OneDrive connection managers that have been created in the current SSIS package or project.
The Action option allows you to specify how data should be written to OneDrive. There are currently three (3) supported:
Create - Create new record(s).
- parentReference.id or parentReference.path is required
Update - Update existing record(s).
- id is required.
Delete - Deletes record(s).
- id is required.
- Create - Create new record(s).
- Refresh Component Button
Clicking the Refresh Component button causes the component to retrieve the latest metadata and update each attribute to its most recent metadata.
- Map Unmapped Fields Button
By clicking this button, the component will try to map any unmapped OneDrive attributes by matching their names with the input columns from upstream components. This is useful when your source component has recently added more columns, in which case you can use this button to automatically establish the association between input columns and unmapped destination attributes.
- Clear All Mappings Button
By clicking this button, the component will reset all your mappings in the destination component.
The Columns page of the OneDrive Destination Component allows you to map the columns from upstream components to the OneDrive destination fields.
In the Columns page, you would see a grid that contains four columns as shown below.
- Input Column - You can select an input column from an upstream component for the corresponding OneDrive field.
- OneDrive Field - The OneDrive field that you are writing data.
- Data Type - This column indicates the type of value for the current field.
- Unmap - This column can be used to unmap the field from the upstream input column, or otherwise it can be used to map the field to an upstream input column by matching its name if the field is not currently mapped.
Some Special fields
- isFolder - Specify TRUE or FALSE boolean value to indicate if record is a file or folder. Note that if this field is not mapped, it will be treated as a FALSE (meaning that the item will be considered a file).
- file_content - Special image field where you would map the binary content to this field to upload the content of the file to OneDrive.
- It is necessary to map either the parentReference.path or parentReference.id field, but not both.
Error Handling page
The Error Handling page allows you to specify how errors should be handled when they happen.
There are three options available.
- Fail on error
- Redirect rows to error output
- Ignore error
When the Redirect rows to error output option is selected, rows that failed to write to OneDrive will be redirected to the 'Error Output' output of the Destination Component. As indicated in the screenshot below, the green output connection represent rows that were successfully written, and the red 'Error Output' connection represents rows that were erroneous. The 'ErrorMessage' output column found in the 'Error Output' may contain the error message that was reported by OneDrive or the component itself.
NOTE: Use extra caution when selecting Ignore error option, since the component will remain silent for any errors that have occurred.
Enable Columns for Default Output.
- ItemId - Contains the id of the OneDrive item
- ItemParentId- Contains the id of the OneDrive item's parent
- ItemParentPath - Contains the path of the OneDrive item's parent