Using the OneDrive Source Component
The OneDrive Source Component is an SSIS data flow pipeline component that can be used to read / retrieve data from OneDrive.
The component includes the following two pages to configure how you want to read data from OneDrive.
The General page of the OneDrive Source Component allows you to specify the general settings of the component.
- Connection Manager
The OneDrive Source Component requires a OneDrive connection in order to connect with OneDrive. The Connection Manager drop-down will show a list of all OneDrive connection managers that are available to your current SSIS package.
- Item Selection Mode
The Item Selection Mode specifies what OneDrive item(s) will get selected. The Files Only modifier will still go through folders to retrieve items but will not return any records for the folders.
- SelectedItem will only retrieve the item specified.
- Recursive will retrieve the selected item (specified in the Source Item Path field) and all sub items.
- Recursive (Files only) will retrieve all files only from the selected item specified and its sub items.
- Selected Level will retrieve the selected item and its sub items.
- Selected Level (Files only) will retrieve all files only from the selected item and its sub items.
- Source Item Path
The Source Item Path specifies the base item to select. Click the eclipse button ('...') to open up a OneDrive browser dialog to select an item.
- Refresh Component Button
Clicking the Refresh Component button causes the component to retrieve the latest metadata and update each field to its most recent metadata.
The Columns page of the OneDrive Source Component shows you all available attributes from the object that you specified on the General page.
On the top left of the grid, you can see a checkbox, which can be used to toggle the selection of all available OneDrive fields. This is a productive way to check or uncheck all available fields.
NOTE: As a general best practice, you should only select the OneDrive fields that are needed for the downstream pipeline components.