HTTP/Web Services components are SSIS components which facilitate working with HTTP and SOAP or REST based web services within SSIS.
There are currently 6 SSIS components that fall under the HTTP/Web Service category; the connection manager which can be used with all the components, 2 HTTP Requester components (a data flow component and a task component), and a Web Services Source, Destination and Task component.
The following are the HTTP/Web Service components available within the SSIS Productivity Pack and the link to their Help Manuals:
HTTP Connection Manager
- This SSIS connection manager is use to connect to an HTTP website and supports access to SOAP or REST based web services.
- An SSIS data flow component which can be used to send a series of HTTP requests and process their response.
HTTP Requester Task
- An SSIS control flow task component which can be used to send an HTTP request and receive a response.
Web Service Source
- Using this component developers can retrieve data from virtually any SOAP based service endpoint.
Web Service Destination
- This SSIS component supports writing data to virtually any SOAP based service endpoint.
Web Service Task
- An SSIS task component which can be used to read/retrieve data from a web service.