The Mail Components are SSIS components which enable email capabilities within SSIS.
Within this category we currently have 2 components that work to connect and read from an email server, and 3 that allow connecting and sending emails through SMTP.
The following are the Mail components available within the SSIS Productivity Pack and the link to their Help Manuals:
Email Connection Manager
- Supports connecting to an IMAP, POP3 or Exchange Web Services mail server within SSIS.
- This SSIS component is used to receive emails from a mail server using the email connection manager and output them into columns.
SMTP Connection Manager
- Allows developers to connect to an SMTP server within SSIS.
- Used to send emails within the SSIS data flow using column data.
- Used to send emails to predefined recipient(s) within the SSIS control flow.