The Email Source Component is used to receive emails from a server and output them to columns.
Configure general email settings.
- Connection Manager
The Email Source Component requires an Email connection. The Connection Manager drop-down will show a list of all Email connection managers that are available in your current SSIS package.
- Folder Path:
Folder path determines which folder on the server emails will be retrieved from. This option cannot be used with POP3 server because they do not support folders. Imap and Exchange Web Services connection managers will default to 'Inbox'.
- Include Subfolders:
Determines if subfolders below the root folder should be searched for email.
- Only Process Unread Messages
This option will determine if only messages that have not previously been read will be processed.
- Read Processed IDs from Variable:
This option is only available with a POP3 server. Because POP3 messages do not support 'Read' flags message IDs that the component has already processed must loaded before processing.
- Mark Unread Messages as Read
This option will determine if messages should be marked as read after they are processed.
- Write Processed IDs to Variable:
This option is only available with a POP3 server. Because POP3 messages do not support 'Read' flags message IDs that the component has processed must saved in a variable.
- Search Parameters:
Search parameters can be entered that allow messages retrieved from the server to be filtered. Each parameter has a Field, Filter Type and Value.
The field can be any column that has been selected on the columns page.
Filter type options depend on the field that has been selected. String fields support the 'Contains' and 'Does Not Contain' filter type. Numeric fields support the 'Greater Than', 'Less Than' and 'Equal To' filter types.
On the columns page you will see a list of all the output columns that are available and their types.
- On the top left of the grid, there is a checkbox, which can be used to toggle the selection of all available fields. This is a productive way to check or uncheck all available fields.
The Columns Page grid consists of:
- Include Field Checkbox - A checkbox that determines if the field will be available as an output column.
- Field Name - Column that will be retrieved from Flat File.
- Data Type - The data type of this field.
- The output columns that are visible can be filtered by entering text in the Filter text box.
- Hide Unused Fields
- When the Hide Unused Fields checkbox is checked unused output columns will be hidden.
- Hide Used Fields
- When the Hide Used Fields checkbox is checked used output columns will be hidden.
The following email columns are available:
- Body - The body of the email.
- BodyHTML - The bodyHTML of the email.
- Cc - A list of email addresses that were Cced on the email.
- DateSent - The date the email was sent.
- From - The email address that the email was sent from.
- MessageID - The unique ID of the email message. This corresponds to the MessageID column in secondary output.
- Priority - The priority of the Email.
- Size - The size of the email in bytes.
- Subject - The subject of the email.
- To - A list of the email address that were in the To field of this email.
The Email component supports 2 outputs.
Primary Output - Primary output will consist of the columns available on the columns page. Secondary output will include any attachments that correspond to messages retrieved for primary output.
Second Output - Secondary output is used to output any attachments that are associated with the messages in primary input. It has 3 columns:
- MessageID - This corresponds to the MessageID of the message the attachments are associated with.
- FileName - This column contains the name of the attachment file.
- AttachmentContent - This column contains the content of the attachment file as a DT_IMAGE.