Using the Dropbox Source Component
The Dropbox Source Component is an SSIS data flow pipeline component that can be used to read / retrieve data from Dropbox.
The component includes the following two pages to configure how you want to read data from Dropbox.
The General page of the Dropbox Source Component allows you to specify the general settings of the component.
- Connection Manager
The Dropbox Source Component requires a Dropbox connection in order to connect with Dropbox. The Connection Manager drop-down will show a list of all Dropbox connection managers that are available to your current SSIS package.
- Source Item Path
The Source Item Path specifies the base item to point to for retrieval. Click the eclipse button ('...') to open up a Dropbox browser dialog to select an item.
- Item Selection Mode
The Item Selection Mode specifies what Dropbox item(s) will get selected. The Files Only modifier will still go through folders to retrieve items but will not return any records for the folders.
- SelectedItem will only retrieve the item specified.
- Recursive will retrieve the selected item (specified in the Source Item Path field) and all sub items.
- Recursive (Files only) will retrieve all files only from the selected item specified and its sub items.
- Selected Level will retrieve the selected item and its items on the folder level selected.
- Selected Level (Files only) will retrieve all files only from the selected item level.
- Refresh Component Button
Clicking the Refresh Component button causes the component to retrieve the latest metadata and update each field to its most recent metadata.
The Columns page of the Dropbox Source Component shows you all available attributes from the object that you specified on the General page.
On the top left of the grid, you can see a checkbox, which can be used to toggle the selection of all available Dropbox fields. This is a productive way to check or uncheck all available fields.
NOTE: As a general best practice, you should only select the Dropbox fields that are needed for the downstream pipeline components.