The Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM components are the components found within the SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics 365 that facilitate integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM.
You can use these components for integration or migration with any of the following:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales/Customer Service/Field Service/Project Service Automation
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 or 2005
Note: Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM Online requires SQL Server 2012 or above
There are 4 components available for use when working with Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM data:
CRM Connection Manager
- Facilitates the connection to the appropriate Microsoft Dynamics 365 or CRM server instance.
CRM Source Component
- Facilitates reading data from the Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM server.
- Read data through CRM entity, FetchXML query, EntityChanges, or AuditLogs options.
- The most sophisticated support of complex FetchXML queries. Read CRM audit history in a structured way using the unique AuditLogs feature. Read CRM delta changes easily using the EntityChanges option in the CRM source component.
CRM Destination Component
- Facilitates writing data to the Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM server
- Seven different write actions for writing to CRM server: Create, Update, Delete, Upsert, Merge, Convert and ExecuteWorkflow.
- Four Update & Upsert matching options for the most robust solution to write incremental changes to CRM (Primary Key, CRM Duplicate Detection, Manually Specified Fields, and Alternate Key).
- Write to CRM many-to-many relationship without a single line of code.
- Text Lookup feature to perform a lookup to CRM records using either text or integer values as the input, includes support for using CRM alternate keys.
- Unique "Change Flag Field(s)" option makes it easy to track the source of last changes in CRM.
- "Ignore Null-Valued Fields" to avoid overwriting existing values with an empty value.
- "Ignore Unchanged Fields" to avoid triggering some unnecessary plugins or workflows to significantly improve integration performance in some cases.
CRM OptionSet Mapping Component
- Manages the translation and mapping for CRM OptionSet (or picklist) field's option values.