Today, we are very excited to announce v5.0 release candidate of SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The new release includes several exciting features- mainly SQL 2014 support, a new action called Convert in CRM destination component, better error handling, among many other enhancements. The following is a list of the changes in the new version.
- New: SQL Server 2014 is now supported
New: We added a new action called
Convert in CRM destination component which supports converting lead, opportunity, quote, salesorder, and team entity records
- Lead - Qualify a lead by converting it to CRM account, contact and opportunity records
- Opportunity - Convert an opportunity record to a quote
- Quote - Convert a quote to a salesorder
- Salesorder - Convert a salesorder to an invoice
- Team - Convert an owner team to an access team
- New: We added support for createdby, and modifiedby field in CRM destination component
- New: An Impersonate As option was added to CRM source component
- New: We added a new output for CRM destination component (Dynamics CRM Destination Default Output), which contains two columns - CrmRecordId to provide the ID of newly created CRM records and IsNew to indicate whether it is a new record or an existing record when Upsert action is used
- New: Text Lookup feature is now available for PartyList fields
- New: We added a new option in Text Lookup feature which you can use to Opt Out from using Text Lookup for a particular lookup entity
- New: We added a new option in CRM OptionSet Mapping Component that allows you to specify the internal integer value field. This can be used as the input of the internal integer value of new CRM OptionSet/picklist option
- New: We added two new options to Text Lookup feature. The Ignore case option allows case-insensitive lookup and the Report error on duplicates option will report an error when a duplicate is found within text lookup cache
- New: We added support for isdisabled field of businessunit entity
- New: We added support for revisionnumber field of quote entity
- Enhancement: When Enable Stack Trace option is turned on, we now report error messages in the same way in UI forms
- Enhancement: Improved cache implementation
- Enhancement: Improved startup time with CRM destination component
- Breaking Change: The Id column in the destination component’s Error Output is removed (it has moved to another output as indicated above)
- Breaking Change: In CRM source component, the output of partylist field is now in JSON format
- Several other enhancements and optimization, including stablized CRM OptionSet Mapping component
Please note that this is a pre-release software, which we do not recommend using in a production environment. However, if you have just started your new development, we highly recommend that you consider adopting the new version.
Considering the above two mentioned breaking changes, we STRONGLY recommend that you make a full backup of your SSIS packages before you upgrade to this new release.
Thanks for your continued support!