Today, we are very excited to announce our release candidate version of SSIS Integration Toolkit v3.0 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The new release includes some exciting features, mainly CRM UR12 Bulk API support, ExecuteWorkflow action, etc. The following is a list of the changes in the new version.
- New: We added Bulk Data Load API support introduced in Microsoft Dynamics CRM December 2012 Service Update and Update Rollup 12 (UR12) release.
- New: We added a new data flow component called CRM OptionSet Mapping component, which allows managing the translation of option set text values. Also it provides a capability to let you create new option when no match is found for the target OptionSet/Picklist field.
- New: We added a new action to CRM destination component called ExecuteWorkflow, so you can now use SSIS to run your CRM workflows at scheduled time.
- New: We added a new option to CRM destination component called Handling of Multiple Matches, which allows you to perform different action when multiple matches are found with Upsert action. The available options include Update All, Update One, Ignore, Raise an Error.
- New: We added a new button to CRM destination component's editor window so that you can click it to map any unmapped fields by matching names.
- Enhancement: Text Lookup feature has been enhanced, which now allows you to perform lookup to CRM records using text values against any text fields.
- Enhancement: When creating new record using CRM destination component, we try to not submit an extra SetState request when the provided statecode is the default statecode for the entity.
- Enhancement: Improved equality handling when Ignore Unchanged Fields option is selected for Update or Upsert action in CRM destination component.
- Breaking Change: All typecode fields (such as owneridtype, partyobjecttypecode, objecttypecode, etc.) in CRM source component will be changed to a nvarchar(64) column instead of int, when SOAP 2011 endpoint is used.
- Breaking Change: In CRM destination component, empty string will be treated as NULL when used for Upsert matching.
- Some other enhancements and optimization.
Please note that this is a pre-release software, which we don't recommend using in a production environment. But if you just start new development, we would highly recommend you consider adopting the new version. Considering the above two mentioned breaking changes, you may want to make a full backup of your SSIS packages before you upgrade to the new release.
For the typecode field change, you will be prompted to perform the upgrade when you double click the component in Business Intelligence Development Studio. The upgrade process would only takes one mouse click or one after a double click for each source component.
We recommend you consider adopting the new version if you just start your business intelligence development.
The new release is now available for download at our product download page. In order to install the new version, you will need to uninstall the previous installation first.
Thanks for your continued support!