Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of SSIS Integration Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics CRM v2.0. This release includes many new features, and enhancements.
- We added "Refresh CRM Metadata" button in both CRM Source Editor and CRM Destination Editor, so that you can refresh CRM metadata without having to delete and re-create the component when you have CRM metadata changed at the server side.
- We added "Data Type" column to both CRM Source Editor and CRM Destination Editor.
- We now display friendly CRM organization name in CRM connection manager.
- We now allow selecting fields when FetchXML option is used in CRM Source Editor, so that you can unselect virtual fields which would give you better performance.
- We added a Text Lookup feature to CRM destination component, so that it can perform lookup based on text values of the target entity. For instance, for ownerid lookup field, you can provide systemuser's full name instead of the actual systemuserid value (GUID), the component will find out the systemuser's primary key value (systemuserid) based on the provided primary field value (systemuser's full name in this case).
- We added a new feature called "Ignore Null-Valued Fields" to CRM destination component, so it can ignore any null-valued fields with posting them to CRM server.
- We added a new feature called "Ignore Unchanged Fields" to CRM destination component, so it can ignore any unchanged fields in the target CRM system. This is useful when you have workflow or plugin listening to the changes of certain fields in CRM system, with this feature, you can avoid firing unnecessary plugins or workflows if nothing has changed for the particular fields.
- We added support for writing data to "principalobjectaccess" entity.
- We added support for writing data to "connection" entity.
- Change: when writing data to many-to-many relationship entity, we made a change to the implementation so Create will do a straight create (associate), and Upsert will first check if such association exists, it will only create association when the association doesn't exist.
- We added support for CRM3 (SOAP 2006 endpoint).
- In CRM connection manager, we added support for proxy server.
- In CRM connection manager, we added a timeout option.
- Some performance tuning in the code, which leads to some performance improvement.
- We added one new license management feature so that you can move license from one server to another.
- New license model, new license agreement.
For further details about the new release, please visit the updated help manual page.
Along with the new release, we have increased our product price. So the perpetual license will cost $1295, and one-year subscription license will cost $695. Under the new license, you will have a one-year maintenance and support vs. 30-day in previous version. If maintenance and support is taken into account, the price isn't really actually increased. We have updated our license agreement to reflect the change of the included maintenance and support.
If you are a v1.0 customer, we offer free upgrade to v2.0 license, which will also give you the one-year maintenance and support commencing from the date when you activated your v1.0 license. By upgrading your v1.0 license to v2.0, you agree to become bound to the new license agreement, so please read the new license agreement carefully before installing the new version.
The new release is now available for download at our product download page. In order to install the new version, you will need to uninstall the previous installation first.
Special thanks to Scott, Jonathan, Adrian, Critina, Hari, Iuri, and many others for your suggestions which made the new version possible, much appreciated!
Thanks for your continued support!